The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book Ban Busters
(02-05-2022, 12:34 PM)k.d. Wrote: I agree with them that 2nd grade is not the place for these books.

WTF. 2nd grade is too young for history lessons ?
Where did I say that?
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(02-05-2022, 01:07 PM)k.d. Wrote: Where did I say that?

Quote:I agree with them that 2nd grade is not the place for these books.
We were talking about a book that was a historical account
It is not the type of history for a 2nd grader.

https://www.amazon.com/2nd-Grade-History...B01A2YJCBG
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
What is a "type of history" ?

Can't say that I ever heard of history ever expressed in "types"
In school the types of history I studied was the type dealing with Ancient History, the type of World History, the type of American History the type of Civil War History, the type of Philosophical History.

― Voltaire
You went to school now ??

The events surrounding MLK s March on Washington wouldn't be the "type" of American History ?
yer ridiculous.

― Voltaire
(02-05-2022, 05:43 PM)k.d. Wrote: yer ridiculous.

You should have read that book. Don't worry, it is geared for elementary students. The rest of us adults (and kids) already know that the "I have a dream" speech is considered one of the most important speeches in history.
Quote:the "I have a dream" speech is considered one of the most important speeches in history.
In history? I bet it wouldn't even rank in the top 1,000.

― Voltaire