The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book Ban Busters
Book Ban Busters! — RED WINE & BLUE

Quote:Extremist politicians and outside groups are attacking our kids’ education. In fact, they’ve become SO extreme that they’ve resorted to book banning. They’ve even tried to ban books about Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks.

Well, suburban women aren’t having it. This is not the 1950's. Every kid should be equipped for the 21st century, and that means learning real history (not fairy tales) and respecting people across our differences. It means ensuring every kid feels safe to learn and thrive at school.

Join us to make sure our kids get an honest and accurate education.
Quote:It means ensuring every kid feels safe to learn and thrive at school.
explain how teaching racist anti-whiteness will accomplish this.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(02-04-2022, 09:22 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:It means ensuring every kid feels safe to learn and thrive at school.
explain how teaching racist anti-whiteness will accomplish this.

Anti-whiteness exists only in your tender psyche. Books about MLK or Henry Aaron are not anti-white.
Name the books about MLK Jr., Hank Aaron and Wilma Rudolf that are being banned by specific schools. No one, black or white is going to deny or suppress their successes or achievements.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
When Wilma Rudolph Played Basketball, a book by Mark Weakland

“Moms for Liberty” seeks to ban "MLK Jr march on Washington by Francis Ruffin

Hank's book is in the same vain where he explains all the racist shit he got for breaking Babe Ruths record. It has not been banned, yet
So you want the full truth about MLK Jr. ?  OK. Let's expose that on the morning he was assassinated he had abused a hooker he had spent the night with, or how about his directing the sexual moves at his multiple orgies. That isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

― Voltaire
(02-04-2022, 11:15 PM)k.d. Wrote: So you want the full truth about MLK Jr. ?  OK. Let's expose that on the morning he was assassinated he had abused a hooker he had spent the night with, or how about his directing the sexual moves at his multiple orgies. That isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

No, I don't want to hear anything about your conspiracies.

Here is the synopsis of the book that was proposed to be banned:
Quote:All Aboard Reading!
On August 28, 1963, more than 250,000 people came to the nation's capital. They came by plane, by bus, by car--even on roller-skates--to speak out against segregation and to demand equal rights for everyone. They also came to hear the words of a very special leader, Martin Luther King, Jr. Told with a wonderful immediacy, this book captures the spirit of this landmark day in American history and brings Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech to vivid life for young children.
Amazon.com: Martin Luther King, Jr. and the March on Washington (Penguin Young Readers, Level 3): 0070918424212: Frances E. Ruffin, Stephen Marchesi: Books
Quote:No, I don't want to hear anything about your conspiracies.
Right. And JFK or Bill Clinton never had affairs and there is no person named Monica Lewinsky.

Who exactly proposed banning the King book and in which school. I think you are the one pushing conspiracies.

― Voltaire
(02-05-2022, 09:58 AM)k.d. Wrote: Who exactly proposed banning the King book and in which school. I think you are the one pushing conspiracies.

"Moms for Liberty"

Yep. You read that right. Book banning is "Liberty"
I agree with them that 2nd grade is not the place for these books.

― Voltaire