The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day One
Day One Of Impeachment Hearings: Schiff Lies Again, Jim Jordan Goes Ham

Tuesday's public impeachment testimony in front of the House Intelligence Committee revealed that the Democrats' case against Donald Trump has more to do with foreign policy disagreements based largely on hearsay vs. actual evidence of malfeasance. Today marked the first public testimony after weeks of hearings conducted in private.
Quote:.@Jim_Jordan: You didn’t listen in on President Trump & Zelensky’s call?

Taylor: I did not.

Jordan: You’ve never talked with Chief of Staff Mulvaney?

Taylor: I never did.

Jordan: You’ve never met the President?

Taylor: That’s correct.

Jordan: And you’re their star witness. pic.twitter.com/ebZ6jsEjeB
— Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) November 13, 2019
Speaker Adam Schiff (D-CA) and his fellow Democrats spent much of the day trying to coax damning testimony out of Ambassador Bill Taylor and top State Department official George Kent - only to come up empty handed over whether President Trump conditioned US military aid to Ukraine on an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.
What we did learn is that US officials, including Kent, "constantly" pushed Ukraine to reopen a "scuttled investigation" into the owner of a Ukrainian gas company, Burisma Holdings, which was hired then-Vice President Joe Biden's son to sit on their board in 2014.
Quote:I did not witness any effort by any U.S. official to shield Burisma from scrutiny. In fact, I and other U.S. officials consistently advocated reinstitution a scuttled investigation of Zlochevsky, Burisma’s founder, as well as holding the corrupt prosecutors who hold the closed the case to account.
In early 2015, I raised questions with the deputy prosecutor general about why the investigation of Mr. Zlochevsky had been terminated based on our belief that prosecutors had accepted bribes to close the case. After, I became aware that Hunter Biden was on the board of Burisma. Soon after that in a briefing call with the national security staff of the office of the Vice President in February 2015, I raised my concern that Hunter Biden’s status as a board member could create the perception of a conflict of interest.
Schiff also lied about "not knowing the identity of the whistleblower" whose anonymous complaint launched the impeachment effort, despite it being widely reported that the whistleblower - Eric Ciaramella - approached Schiff's staff before filing the complaint.
Quote:Rep. @Jim_Jordan rips @RepAdamSchiff for coordinating with the whistleblower.

Schiff claims he "does not know the identity of the whistleblower." pic.twitter.com/HdDQGmHwv8
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) November 13, 2019
Ohio Republican Jim Jordan - recently added to the House Intelligence Committee - absolutely tore into the Democrats' narrative every time he was 'tagged' in.

In short:

Watch:

Clips and hot-takes:
Quote:Democrat Rep. Mike Quigley (IL) on evidence: "Hearsay can be much better evidence than direct ... and it's certainly valid in this instance" pic.twitter.com/JD0Ui6acxD
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) November 13, 2019
Quote:.@Jim_Jordan: You didn’t listen in on President Trump & Zelensky’s call?

Taylor: I did not.

Jordan: You’ve never talked with Chief of Staff Mulvaney?

Taylor: I never did.

Jordan: You’ve never met the President?

Taylor: That’s correct.

Jordan: And you’re their star witness. pic.twitter.com/ebZ6jsEjeB
— Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) November 13, 2019
Quote:WOW! The Democrats' own lawyer did a fantastic job coaxing out the smoking gun of today's hearing ??? pic.twitter.com/2YOb3LPUiR
— Eddie Zipperer (@EddieZipperer) November 13, 2019
Quote:Kent: "Conditions Have Always Been Placed on Aid to Ukraine Including Anti-Corruption..." ? #WitchHunt pic.twitter.com/LAJ4EGao6l
— Gregg Jarrett (@GreggJarrett) November 13, 2019
Quote:George Kent admits he raised concerns about Hunter Biden working for a Ukrainian gas company in 2015:

"In a briefing call with...the office of the Vice President...I raised my concern that Hunter Biden's status...could create the perception of a conflict of interest." pic.twitter.com/6cAznWhSf0
— Trump War Room (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@TrumpWarRoom) November 13, 2019
Quote:Rep. @DevinNunes: "The whistleblower was acknowledged to have a bias against President Trump and his attorney touted a coup against the President and called for his impeachment just weeks after the election." #ImpeachmentHearings pic.twitter.com/3u9Gz2KwZt
— The Hill (@thehill) November 13, 2019
Quote:Democrats aren't just using hearsay... they're using hearsay from an original source who admits he doesn't even know the facts.

To call this a reach would be kind. They have nothing.
— Mark Meadows (@RepMarkMeadows) November 13, 2019
Quote:The salient point of Bill Taylor's testimony is that he was worried about the direction of U.S. policy on Ukraine. Nothing illegal at all. #ImpeachmentHearings #ImpeachmentInquiry #Impeachment
— Joel B. Pollak (@joelpollak) November 13, 2019
10:45 a.m.
When Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) called out Schiff for coordinating with the whistleblower, Schiff claimed he "does not know" who that is despite his panel having met with him.
Quote:Rep. @Jim_Jordan rips @RepAdamSchiff for coordinating with the whistleblower.

Schiff claims he "does not know the identity of the whistleblower." pic.twitter.com/HdDQGmHwv8
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) November 13, 2019
10:35 a.m.
In his opening remarks, House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) framed the impeachment inquiry as a move to protect the future of the presidency.
"The matter is as simple, and as terrible as that. Our answer to these questions will affect not only the future of this presidency, but the future of the presidency itself, and what kind of conduct or misconduct the American people may come to expect from their Commander-in-Chief," said Schiff.
Having completed weeks of secretive closed-door testimony, House Democrats are taking their impeachment inquiry public on Wednesday with public testimony from various witnesses who can shed light on President Trump's interactions with Ukraine.
[Image: schiff_4.jpg]
Overseeing the proceedings will be House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA), who has made abundantly clear that this is about whether Trump inappropriately pressured Ukraine to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden, and not about whether the Bidens engaged in corruption while Joe was the Obama administration's 'point man' on Ukraine.
Arguing for the GOP will be recent addition to the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-CA), who has a strong grasp of the situation and a reputation for asking tough questions.
Quote:We have a group of House Republicans lining up to watch the hearing, including Reps. Meadows, Biggs, Gohmert. pic.twitter.com/Rh1F0pMngP
— Olivia Beavers (@Olivia_Beavers) November 13, 2019
Testifying today will be Ambassador Bill Taylor, the top US diplomat in Ukraine who said in closed-door hearings that it was his "clear understanding" that President Trump withheld military aid to Ukraine until the Bidens and other matters were investigated.
Also testifying will be Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent, who claimed that Trump wanted Zelensky to personally announce the investigations.
On Friday, recalled US ambassador Marie Yovanovitch will testify. She claims she was forced out of her position over unsubstantiated allegations that she was critical of Trump and didn't want Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.
[Image: yovan_0.JPG]Amb. Marie Yovanovitch
Schiff has also warned House Republicans not to name a whistleblower widely reported as CIA officer Eric Ciaramella, whose second-hand complaint launched the impeachment proceedings after seeking guidance from Schiff's committee over the summer.
"The Committee has a long, proud, and bipartisan history of protecting whistleblowers — including from efforts to threaten, intimidate, retaliate against, or undermine the confidentiality of whistleblowers," Schiff wrote in a memorandum to his colleagues.
GOP lawmakers included the whistleblower in their list of requested witnesses for the public impeachment hearings, however Schiff denied the request - calling the potential testimony "redundant and unnecessary."
President Trump went on the offensive Wednesday in a series of tweets, citing conservative pundits and decrying members of his own administration as "NEVER TRUMPERS" while telling people to "READ THE TRANSCRIPT!"
Quote:“Millions of Americans will see what a partisan sham this whole thing is.” Rush Limbaugh @foxandfriends Also, why is corrupt politician Schiff allowed to hand over cross examination to a high priced outside lawyer. Did that lawyer ever work for me, which would be a conflict?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 13, 2019
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
This is not a trial. Evidence is not presented here.

There are a lot of folks not showing up. Rudy, Barr, Pence and Mulvaney to name a few. Trump et al wants their cake and eat it too. Not how it works in these things.

The transcript does not provide context, motivations or backgounds.
"Evidence is not presented here."

So this is not a legal proceeding where people are testifying under oath about what happened and what was said on specific dates.
Perhaps you are correct because all we heard today was hearsay and 3rd party gossip.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
I misspoke. Of course evidence is presented. However not evidence that would convict in a court of law, because the case is not yet at that point. Hearsay is evidence as well as non-verbatim transcripts. And circumstantial evidence is "evidence". The folks who testified so far about as major as we can get at this point because Trump is withholding evidence from the heavy hitters.

If justice is your goal as you imply, would you be interested in hearing testimony from Pence, Mulvaney, Rudy, Barr, Perry and/or Pompeao ? If not, why not ?
I read the transcript-it's a big nuthingburger compared to this 1 minute video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_xXx0yUvSw

― Voltaire
Biden was not Prez
He was Obama's representative/agent. But your response is just what I expected from a hypocrite of your magnitude.

― Voltaire