The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betina Released
This has nothing to with Russia per se. It is about regurgitating propaganda from state run media. And declaring such propaganda as “fact”
Here's a few facts for you: The government changed the law so they could prosecute Betina; RT is not a a state run media; you have not pointed out one thing reported on RT that is not true, something we can't say about ABCNBCCBSCNNMSNBC - so who is more reliable when it comes to news _ RT! PERIOD.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(10-27-2019, 10:04 AM)k.d. Wrote: Here's a few facts for you: The government changed the law so they could prosecute Betina; RT is not a a state run media; you have not pointed out one thing reported on RT that is not true, something we can't say about ABCNBCCBSCNNMSNBC - so who is more reliable when it comes to news _ RT! PERIOD.

Russia does not have a free press. Gee, I never thought that was debatable.

As far as facts: there is only one verifiable fact. She was convicted of a crime. Everything else is "hopes and dreams". I will agree that one year in prison was a bit much for such sweet thang !
Quote:Russia does not have a free press. Gee, I never thought that was debatable.
It is much freer than when it was the USSR. BTW, you might wanna check the US rating and rank in this matter.

Quote:She was convicted of a crime.

According to Hillary, Tulsi could be convicted of the same crime - not registering as a foreign agent - the same thing Betina was convicted of once they changed the law after the fact. And this non-crime deserves solitary confinement in your opinion. Ridiculous.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(10-27-2019, 05:37 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:Russia does not have a free press. Gee, I never thought that was debatable.
It is much freer than when it was the USSR. BTW, you might wanna check the US rating and rank in this matter.

Quote:She was convicted of a crime.

According to Hillary, Tulsi could be convicted of the same crime - not registering as a foreign agent - the same thing Betina was convicted of once they changed the law after the fact. And this non-crime deserves solitary confinement in your opinion. Ridiculous.
In these days everybody is accused of committing crime. Fewer admit and are convicted, Butina would be one of those. I have yet to hear that she did NOT admit to this crime nor that she was NOT convicted.
From what I understand, it does seem her sentence was excessive.
You have never heard of innocent people being railroaded into government plea bargains so they don't spend 20 years in prison. I suggest you check out the 'Innocence Project" or the "Marshall Project".  She was targeted simply because she was Russian and the Russophobes, like you, were out to get any Russian on any kind of trumped up charges - even if they had to make them up.

Here ya go, take 10 seconds out of your day to have it explained to you by Lee Camp. Watch from the 9 second mark to 18 seconds and he'll explain it to you.
https://www.youtube.com/user/redactedtonight

― Voltaire
I didn't say it was beyond the realm possibility that she was railroaded, it happens all of the time.

However nothing credible yet of this happening or to what extent.

Putin, comedians and Russian state media could be considered credible only to the most addled minded conspiracy junkies.
I'm seriously concerned that if you get a colonoscopy that they will find your head up there.

Quote:Putin, comedians and Russian state media could be considered credible only to the most addled minded conspiracy junkies.
Not hardly, but Obama, Oprah, Late night talk show hosts, Jewish Hollywood, and war profiteering TV Networks is what you consider credible is a joke.

Larry King, Jesse Ventura, Rick Sanchez, Chris Hedges, etc. are all Registered Russian Agents since they have programs on RT. Let's read about this to get a better understanding and so that your brain can get out of your colon.
https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/11/28/...an-agent-2

― Voltaire
(10-28-2019, 12:32 PM)k.d. Wrote: I'm seriously concerned that if you get a colonoscopy that they will find your head up there.

Quote:Putin, comedians and Russian state media could be considered credible only to the most addled minded conspiracy junkies.
Not hardly, but Obama, Oprah, Late night talk show hosts, Jewish Hollywood, and war profiteering TV Networks is what you consider credible is a joke.

Larry King, Jesse Ventura, Rick Sanchez, Chris Hedges, etc. are all Registered Russian Agents since they have programs on RT. Let's read about this to get a better understanding and so that your brain can get out of your colon.
https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/11/28/...an-agent-2
Another case of acute paranoia. I didn't say anything about Russia agents. Useful idiots ?  Hmmm perhaps.

RT is by definition a state sponsored media. Nothing gets published without permission.
Quote:Nothing gets published without permission.
Source, please.
Quote:Another case of acute paranoia. I didn't say anything about Russia agents.
This is exactly what we are talking about. Betina didn't register as a Russian agent because she wasn't one anymore than Larry King is -and she didn't know it was required until after the fact - the fact that they changed the law - and she still never was any sort of Russian agent.

― Voltaire