The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Love America Style Act"
(07-27-2021, 03:11 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:They were insurrectionists.
Then why aren't they being charged with insurrection?

I suppose you could say they are. They committed a crime during an insurrection.
Quote:I suppose you could say they are.
Not one person is being charged with insurrection.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
This guy was charged with insurrection

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2021/07/0...900664002/
I didn't see it. He got arrested for Legos.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
He got arrested for planning an insurrection.

An indictment after his arrest includes two counts of assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers; three counts of robbery of U.S. personal property; and one count each of civil disorder, disorderly conduct, obstruction of an official proceeding and act of violence inside the Capitol.

During his arrest, the FBI found the Lego construction in his home and a "Step by Step to Create a Hometown Militia" in his car, according to the filing. It included notes to "Bring kit/body armor," "Bring assault rifle," and "4 magazines," according to the court document.
Never saw the charge of insurrection mentioned in the article.

― Voltaire
(07-27-2021, 07:49 PM)k.d. Wrote: Never saw the charge of insurrection mentioned in the article.

It looks like planning for 
Quote:a violent uprising against an authority or government.

to me

insurrection
[ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n]
NOUN
a violent uprising against an authority or government.
Still don't see a charge of insurrection, but I do see a charge of disorderly conduct.

― Voltaire
Insurrection can definitely be disorderly conduct.
Disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor and not a federal crime, hence, it can not be insurrection.

― Voltaire