The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America's top Libertarian celebrates
(09-08-2020, 01:18 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:I don't believe civil rights and individual rights are mutually exclusive.
This exactly why you are not a libertarian.

Do you think individual rights and law and order can exist together ?
Respecting individual liberty creates natural law and order.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(09-08-2020, 07:45 PM)k.d. Wrote: Respecting individual liberty creates natural law and order.

Do you think individual rights and law and order can exist together ?
You tell me. The rule of law is defined in the Oxford English Dictionary as: "The authority and influence of law in society, especially when viewed as a constraint on individual and institutional behavior; (hence) the principle whereby all members of a society (including those in government) are considered equally subject to publicly disclosed legal codes and processes."
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(09-08-2020, 09:13 PM)k.d. Wrote: You tell me. The rule of law is defined in the Oxford English Dictionary as: "The authority and influence of law in society, especially when viewed as a constraint on individual and institutional behavior; (hence) the principle whereby all members of a society (including those in government) are considered equally subject to publicly disclosed legal codes and processes."

False equivalency. Comparing "rule of law" to "law and order" make no sense.

I will answer the question.

No, your personal libertarianism cannot exist with law and order.
Quote:No, your personal libertarianism cannot exist with law and order.
Well, I'll leave it to you to explain why not, and how you can have order if there isn't equality under the law.

― Voltaire
(09-09-2020, 09:39 AM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:No, your personal libertarianism cannot exist with law and order.
Well, I'll leave it to you to explain why not, and how you can have order if there isn't equality under the law.
Because it is government interfering with your individual rights.
Quote:Because it is government interfering with your individual rights.
You keep saying that.

Quote:Well, I'll leave it to you to explain why not, and how you can have order if there isn't equality under the law.
Still waiting for an actual explanation.

Are there any laws you ignore?

― Voltaire
If not government, who/what can interfere with an individuals right ?

Sure you can have order without equity under law. It's called repression. It happens everyday since the beginning of time, in every corner of the earth.

I ignore laws

All this gobblety good just demonstrates that you are no more libertarian than me.
Quote:If not government, who/what can interfere with an individuals right ?
Anyone who violates the libertarian non-aggression principle (NAP).

Quote:Sure you can have order without equity under law. It's called repression. It happens everyday since the beginning of time, in every corner of the earth.
If everyone is repressed that means there is equity under the repression.

Quote:All this gobblety good just demonstrates that you are no more libertarian than me.
That is very easy to prove untrue. I did not vote for Clinton,Gore, Bush, Obama, or Trump. I know of no libertarians that did. I did however, vote for Harry Browne.

― Voltaire