The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No, Not The Duke!
DIGGING UP THE DUKE JUST TO KILL HIM AGAIN
John Wayne was a man’s man—a big, swaggerin’, talkin’-out-the=side of his mouth brawler whom men feared and women desired.
But he was also white, so every trace of his memory must be erased.
There was a time not that long ago but which seems like an eternity ago at this point when Orange County was known for having Disneyland and swimming pools and one of the most reliably Republican voting blocs in the country. It was such a symbol for all things American that it changed the local airport’s name to John Wayne Airport when he died in 1979. (Wayne is buried in nearby Newport Beach.)
But last week, Orange County Democrats—led by a woman named Ada Briceño, who looks like she’s eaten more than her fair share of chimichangas and sopapillas, pushed through an “Emergency Resolution” to remove Wayne’s name from the airport because he’s a dead mean racist white guy, and they’re often the worst kind of mean racist white guy, not to mention the smell.
As supposed evidence for why we should all hate John Wayne rather than think he was hilarious, the angry brown Democrats cited his infamous 1971 Playboy interview where the Duke dropped the following golden nuggets:
Quote:I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people….I don’t feel guilty about the fact that five or 10 generations ago these people were slaves….Now, I’m not condoning slavery. It’s just a fact of life, like the kid who gets infantile paralysis and has to wear braces so he can’t play football with the rest of us….Our so-called stealing of this country from them [Indians] was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.
We can vouch for this, as can anyone who’s ever had to stand behind an American Indian in a buffet line. They’re an incredibly selfish breed, not to mention the hygienic issues.
Without naming Black Lives Matter, the resolution hinted that a “national movement” was afoot that allows Persons of Color to throw tantrums whenever they damn well please, cuz ain’t nobody gots ta deal wit’ no racist BULLSHIT cuz it make me so angry I’m fi’n’ to have a stroke:
Quote:A national movement to remove white supremacist symbols and names is reshaping American institutions, monuments, businesses, nonprofits, sports leagues and teams, as it is widely recognized that racist symbols produce lasting physical and psychological stress and trauma particularly to Black communities, people of color and other oppressed groups, and the removal of racist symbols provides a necessary process for communities to remember historic acts of violence and recognize victims of oppression….There have been numerous calls to remove John Wayne’s namesake from Orange County’s airport because of Wayne’s white supremacist, anti-LGBT, and anti-Indigenous views.…
In times of endless public tumult such as these, we could only dream for some scientist to develop a potion that causes self-righteous people to spontaneously combust.

From TWTP
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire