The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the near future
I'm thinking it won't be long before the National Anthem is banned at sporting events. BLM will demand that everyone kneel if it continues as a tradition. What comes next, once the knuckleheads figure out that slavery started in America under the Stars & Stripes there will be no more flying that racist rag - anywhere!
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
They should do what the NBA does. Just play the national anthem when the players are in the locker room. Maybe people wouldn't freak out so much.
Still gotta get rid of that symbol of slavery, the stars and stripes.
“If you want to know who rules over you, just look for who you are not allowed to criticize.”

― Voltaire
(06-17-2020, 09:47 PM)k.d. Wrote: Still gotta get rid of that symbol of slavery, the stars and stripes.
Too expensive to redo everything. Otherwise I wouldn't care much. It's amazing why that flag is such a point of contention and a cause and symbol of violence.
Quote:It's amazing why that flag is such a point of contention and a cause and symbol of violence.
Sure, that's why every immigrant from every shithole in the world wants to be here, not where they are.

― Voltaire
(06-17-2020, 10:46 PM)k.d. Wrote:
Quote:It's amazing why that flag is such a point of contention and a cause and symbol of violence.
Sure, that's why every immigrant from every shithole in the world wants to be here, not where they are.

Your reply exemplifies my point. It should be obvious that others view the cloth as something else. Thus the contentiousness.

Besides, the flag symbolizes our military prowess ! silly man. You have not been paying attention. Kaepernick is not protesting police brutality, he is protesting the existence of our military veterans.
You might wanna study Vexillology.

― Voltaire
I'm totally not into banners.

But I understand Vexillology is a dynamic discipline. In other words the symbolism behind them is ever changing.
I guess that's why they call it the star-spangled banner.
Symbols are for the sympbol-minded.

― Voltaire
(06-18-2020, 12:37 PM)k.d. Wrote: Symbols are for the sympbol-minded.
I agree.