The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 32 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Green Bay Forum
Synagogue & Mosque Attacks - Printable Version

+- Green Bay Forum (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf)
+-- Forum: Lets Talk (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Chatter (http://www.greenbayweathercam.com/gbf/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Synagogue & Mosque Attacks (/showthread.php?tid=447)

Pages: 1 2 3

Synagogue & Mosque Attacks - k.d. - 04-28-2019

They make the headlines. But lets look at the facts regarding attacks on Christians and their places of worship.

From Taki's Mag:
WORLD: 100+ CHURCHES ATTACKED MONTHLY
No matter your feelings about Christianity, it’s hard to deny that the Western press is far less sympathetic toward attacks on Christians than they are toward even the slightest disparaging comment about Muslims and Jews.
According to a website called Open Doors USA, slightly over 100 churches and Christian buildings are burned or attacked monthly worldwide. Nearly 350 Christians are murdered for their faith every month as well.
Other findings from Open Doors USA’s research:
• nearly a quarter-billion Christians worldwide—or one in nine—“experience high levels of persecution.”
• North Korea is the most dangerous country on earth for Christians.
• In 8 of the top 10 countries for persecution of Christians, the animus is fueled by Islam.
• In many of these countries, Christian women experience “double persecution”—one for being Christian and one for being women, which, well, can be understandable given the way so many of them act.
We suspect that the press looks the other way regarding these global atrocities not so much because they hate Christians but because, despite global demographic trends, they still tend to see “Christendom” as synonymous with “whiteness.”

RE: Synagogue & Mosque Attacks - j.p. - 04-28-2019

Religionism like Nationalism and Racism is deadly and stupid. People can't handle it. I'm not just talking about the crazies.
The littlephuck.coms post this shit for no other reason than to incite and arouse the smaller minds. Taki's audience are white people from a country where Christian persecution is totally non-existent. Their mission is to make other little people think they being persecuted. What else would be the point ?

RE: Synagogue & Mosque Attacks - k.d. - 04-28-2019

Regardless, are you saying these facts are 'fake news'?

RE: Synagogue & Mosque Attacks - j.p. - 04-29-2019

LOL. I would call it fake news if it were a news story.

RE: Synagogue & Mosque Attacks - k.d. - 04-29-2019

You make a good point: It isn't news if it doesn't get reported - which is the point of the thing.
"No matter your feelings about Christianity, it’s hard to deny that the Western press is far less sympathetic toward attacks on Christians than they are toward even the slightest disparaging comment about Muslims and Jews."

My choice of worship is in Christian places, mainly for cultural and familial reasons. The tenets of Islam, Christianity and Judaism are remarkably similar. The main deity is the same and the pissing match over who is the best prophet is trivial. So I have no skin in the game of organization religion, up to the point of them getting involved in politics.

Of course there is violence, bigotry, and persecution based on religion. Same as there is over the happenstances of the race, and the geography of which you were born into.

The purpose of that dank place you go to is not to report any news. The purpose of the article was to further promote bigotry and persecution.

I will make a factual correction which might be a little bit too nuanced for the handful who read Taki. The number one religious group persecuted in Islamic countries are Muslims. The fact that Islam is not a monolithic organization might be a bit too much for some to understand.

The Western press is a Christian press.

Neither is Christianity a monolithic organization.
The point was that while there is persecution among all religions, the Muslims and Jews get the most press - there is no question about that fact.

I agree, there is persecution among all religions, some of it is actually real.

Assuming we mainly follow "Western" press, I think it is natural that we don't hear much about Christian persecution, it doesn't exist in the "Western" world.

I guess you never heard of Dylan Roof and the Charleston Church mass murder.

(04-29-2019, 04:49 PM)k.d. Wrote: I guess you never heard of Dylan Roof and the Charleston Church mass murder.

That's not what I would consider "persecution" 

Besides, his social media tracks strongly suggests that his motive was racial.